CONNECT TO THE MARION LOCAL TERMINAL SERVER FROM HOME
- Locate the program called "Remote Desktop Connection." You will normally find it by going to the START menu and then Accessories. If it is not there, try looking in the System Tools. If all else fails, you can go to START - RUN and type mstsc and hit ok.
- When the Remote Desktop Connection program is started, a window will open that looks like the following:
- Enter the address 188.8.131.52 (as displayed above) and click the Connect button.
- Once connected, a screen will appear requesting a username and password. Under the Password box, it will either say "Log on to: MA", as in the first image. If so, just enter your username and password. If, as in the second image, the message states "Log on to: FLYERS-T", you will need to enter an ma\ in front of your username.
REMINDERS: Passwords are case sensitive. Also, you can NOT change your password from home. If your password has expired, you will need to come to school to change it.
TERMINAL SERVER TIPS!
Did you know that when you use the terminal server that your personal settings are saved? Listed below are a few common settings that you can change when using the terminal server.
- Do you wish the icons were bigger? In the first image at the right, the icons within the "Elementary Applications" folder are small and difficult to read.To change them, click on the VIEWS button and select Medium (or large or extra large!). Your icons will then look like the second image.
- Do you wish the icons you used all the time were on the desktop? They can be! First, double click either Elementary Applications or High School Applications. Next, right click on an application and select the "Copy" option. Last, right click on the open desktop and select the "Paste" option.